This post is specifically about how to install the Easy Order Entry (EOE) script into ForexTester.
The EOE script will be supplied to you as a pair of Windows DLL libraries, so files called EasyOrderEntryLONG.dll and EasyOrderEntrySHORT.dll
2. Find the folder where ForexTester is installed. This is usually something like
(or C:\ForexTester2\ if you're running the older version)
3. Find the Scripts sub-folder (so C:\ForexTester3\Scripts for example) and copy the two dll files there.
4. Re-start ForexTester and find the Scripts panel. This is usually on a tab next to the Data Window but if you can't find it then go to the View | Show Panels | Scripts menu option, making sure that there's a tick next to it. You should see the two scripts listed there though you won't initially see anything in the Hotkey section
|The Scripts panel|
6. You will see a Hardware ID there (it won't be the same as in the picture above), copy it to your clipboard and then e-mail it to email@example.com along with your name so that your payment status can be checked.
7. Close the open dialog boxes and wait for an e-mail with your registration codes.
Installing Your Registration Code
1. You will be e-mailed a simple registration file called EOE.reg. Copy this to any convenient location on your computer, then right-click on it and select Merge (this may be different on different Windows operating systems). Alternatively you can simply double-click on it.
2. Again, depending on the operating system, you may well get one or more messages asking if you're sure that want to make changes to your computer and registry and you may need to give Admin permission to this but rest assured that it's just installing a very simply entry to the registry. If you're in any doubt you can open the file in a text editor (it's a simple text file) to see the contents.
3. Once this has been successfully installed then re-start ForexTester and once again open up the EOE properties dialog box. This time you should see various input parameters as in the image below.
|The EOE properties dialog after registration|
In the ForexTester Journal tab you should also see a message stating that the software is registered
4. That should be it! Please refer to separate instructions on how to use the software (which will be posted as a separate blog entry).
If you have any problems with any part of this installation then one useful tip is to look at the Journal tab of ForexTester where helpful information is printed out. There you should see any error messages appear when ForexTester tries to load up the EOE dlls. Various messages about the registration status of the software are also printed out here.
Having checked in the Journal tab then next step would be to get in touch with Snapdragon Systems at firstname.lastname@example.org.